Thursday, February 12, 2009

Catia's first sentence...

and, boy, was it ever a sign of what's to come. So, Dominic and Catia are in one room and Juan and I are just across the hall in Dominic's room. Next thing, I hear Catia crying and she's on her bummy on the floor. So, I pick her up and ask her what happened, not really expecting any answer. She talks a lot, but mostly just one word at a time or maybe two words occasionally. Well, here's what she says. "Digga push me"!!! Digga is what she says for Dominic. Juan and I looked at each other in complete disbelief and started cracking up. We can't believe she said a complete sentence, and more than that, her first sentence was telling on her brother for pushing her. haha Well, we got the real story out of Dominic and he really didn't push her. He was holding her hand trying to stop her from climbing somewhere she wasn't supposed to, and in her zeal, she pulled against him, but ended up falling. So, to her, it was Dominic's fault, even though he really was trying to help. Too funny! I guess this is what I have to look forward to as I have a second full blown chatterbox. Thankfully, Dominic does a really good job at telling me the truth, even when he knows it's going to get him into trouble. Hopefully, I can instill that same truth telling into Catia. Now, I've just got to work on the tattling! :)

0 comments: